Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Craft Time

So, I bought this window frame at the swoony garage sale I went to last Saturday.
I braved the 41 degree weather and went, cause I heard it was the "place to be."
Really. It was.
I tried to run around as fast as I could, snatching up the goodies before someone else spotted them.
My eyes swung around the garage, and spotted this.

Now, you've seen window frames posted on my blog in numerous ways before. However, this window frame is much smaller than any I currently own, and it was only $5.

I tossed around some ideas of what I wanted to do with it, where I wanted to hang it, etc.
I've seen different DIYcrafts done with vinyl, and I wanted to try that.

So, I got out the dark brown vinyl I had to use with my Cricut, and printed out the word Fall.
I then remembered, long ago I had made some adorable owls on the Cricut too, so I got one of them out. The vinyl, obviously stuck right to the glass. I just put the owl on with clear sticky dots.

I printed out some of my favorite pictures of the kids from our summer photo shoot and added them with clear sticky dots.
The final result now hangs in the foyer by the steps. I added some red and white striped material to hang it, and some berries to the top. I'd like to make a little material banner as well, but haven't got to that yet.



I know I can change it up for each season, just by printing a new vinyl word. Easy peasy.

I'm hooking up to DIY by Design's Fall into Fall linky party. Come see the other really cool ideas already listed!

2 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute! i love old window frames!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest. I love the way you hung it and added the berries. Very nice idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!