Friday, April 11, 2014

Grandpa.

This won't be an easy post to write, but I think I need to do it.

I lost my second grandpa in under a year just 2 days ago.

It was an accident and he had a fall, and he passed on to be with Jesus.  It was quite a shock for all of us, and still is.  He was here, and then he wasn't. 

We all know he is in HEAVEN  because he loved Jesus, and we all knew it.

In almost 64 years of marriage, he helped Grandma raise 6 WONDERFUL kids, one of them being my dad.

They lived just two houses away from Brent and I, and luckily we saw them often.  The last being this past Sunday at a get-together.

Grandpa was a farmer...and

Grandpa with my cousin Emily and Uncle Kent.

Grandpa and Emily
he LOVED cows.  He loved chores.  He was a hard worker to the end.

In my life Grandpa had MANY trucks, and he drove them into the ground, till there might have even been holes in the floor boards.  I mean, WHY get a new truck when this one drives just fine?

This was one of at least 3 that we saw him drive past our house numerous times a day over to the farm.


Grandpa & Grandma raised a close family.  We all love each other, and I have to say, some of my cousins are my close friends.  And I have 16 first cousins.  Over the last several days we've all cried and laughed too. 

Humor was always the center of our get togethers too, and Grandpa ALWAYS had a joke.  Brent thought they were all hilarious, but lets be honest, some were just ok.  Sorry Grandpa.

He always wore overalls, and bit his tongue in a certain way, and gave us kisses.

I will miss him greatly. 

His birthday was 6 days before mine, and he loved strawberries, and so I tried to make him a strawberry shortcake when I could.  I'll have to make one in his memory again.

We miss you Grandpa.  VERY MUCH.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry for you and all your family!!! He sounds like a wonderful man and I love all the pics! He clearly leaves behind a great legacy.Prayers for peace for you all.
    (((hugs)))
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you and your family in my prayers... Hope you and your Grandma are doing okay.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love reading what you all have to say!